FrontPage 2000 Installation
Once purchased, Poll Pro™ is emailed as a
zip file. Follow these directions to install and configure Poll Pro™.
- Detach the self-extracting file from the
- Extract the PollPro.ZIP file into a
clean folder on your LOCAL hard drive. Do not place this file
anywhere on your web site.
- Open your web in FrontPage 2000 directly
on the web server (not your local copy if you have one). This is done
by selecting File--Open Web the putting in http://www.yourdomain.com
- In FrontPage, create a new folder called
- Copy all Poll Pro files from your local
hard drive into this new FrontPage folder. Be sure to include all sub
directories and files. Use the Copy Here option not copy here as web
format. Depending on the speed of your internet connection, this can
take a few minutes.
- At the end, FrontPage will prompt asking
if you would like to create a new database connection for the
database. Under Name put in PollPro. Select Yes to create the
- FrontPage will recommend that you port
the file into the FPDB directory. Allow FrontPage to do this as
it will set the proper permissions for the database.
- Run the application in your browser by
set the preferences and change the administrative name and password.
The username and password are currently set to Admin1 and is
- Now proceed to the getting